Friday, November 4, 2016

Fall Television MEHs

Here we go, y'all. It's day 4 of NaBloPoMo. ONLY day 4...

Among other things (like my sugar detox which means my morning coffee is not CRAP) I listed the few shows I've watched this fall season that I love over on EMPTY NEST. Here, I'm going to list the less than few that I've watched that did not strike a cord with me. Why? Because it's day 4 of NaBloPoMo and today's prompt is:

Which fall shows should be canceled already?

I hope sipping coffee without sugar isn't clouding my judgment this morning...Anyway--
  1. THE REAL O'NEALS: I accidentally caught this ONE TIME and was not impressed. I find them unbelievable and am not a fan of the mom. Kind of like THE GOLDBERGS. Not a fan.It doesn't help that I am not a fan of the actors either. 
  2. MACGYVER: I caught this on on purpose and did not make it through the entire episode. I remember the original series and this time, they are missing the mark.
  3. SPEECHLESS: I really tried to give this one a shot but, after watching all of 2 episodes and part of a third, it's just not holding my attention. 
  4. THE GOOD PLACE: I know. I really hate it but this one just hasn't grabbed my attention. I tried because I adore Kristen Bell and Ted Danson. Sad.
  5. KEVIN CAN WAIT: Again, I just can't stick with it. And I really wanted to. All I can give it is background noise when I want something on just for the noise and not because I want to watch it. 
And that is it. I listed 5 new shows on EMPTY NEST that I have enjoyed although I'm still on the fence with a couple of them. 

There are a few shows that are not new this season but came back and keep coming back (TWO BROKE GIRLS- seriously, the blonde is stupid and the brunette delivers one-liners as if they are conversation; MOM- just, no; THE GOLDBERGS- idiotic mom character and that kid's voice gets on my LAST nerve...) and I'll never understand why these stay on the air and good ones get canceled. Is the viewing public really that stupid? Or is it ME? YIKES!

Thankfully, NETFLIX does pick up some shows I love and between NETFLIX and HULU I do get to watch reruns of my favorite canceled shows. 

Ok, what shows would you cancel from this viewing season?


4 comments:

  1. I have no idea what is on unless it comes on Netflix or Amazon. A year late. I am always a year late.
    I don't watch anything anymore unless its steaming.
    I like your reasons though, and know I wouldn't like them either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just as well. That way, the networks can't upset you by canceling all your favorites. LOL Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I have not heard of these so goes without saying I haven't seen them either but what the hell I said it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! You're too funny! Thanks for saying it. :)

      Delete

Welcome, friends! Please spew forth some wisdom for me. I'm quite certain I need it!