Tuesday, October 21, 2014

What a Spoiled Brat

Some of you may remember that we have new neighbors across the street. The five college girls? In our quiet, family neighborhood? Yeah, those.

I'll give them credit for not parking in front of my house since I exploded in their faces a while back. And I'll also give them credit because they do provide entertainment. 

Last week, we heard something that resembled arguing and, thinking it was the drunks that live on one side of us, stepped out the front door for the show. It wasn't the drunks. 

One of those college girls was sitting on the front porch steps across the street YELLING at her mother through the phone. We heard, "MOM! YOU HAVE TO SEND ME MONEY! I DON'T HAVE ANY EFFING CLOTHES TO WEAR! SEND ME SOME MONEY!" 

DEMANDING this. To her MOTHER. And, if I were to judge by the cars those girls drive- brand new and very expensive-  coupled with the way they dress and act, I'd say she'll get that money even though she was a total spoiled bitch about it. 

Wow. I wish I could say this was a first for me but it was not. I know someone with a kid like that. Yep, They exist. They are HORRID CREATURES. And they are enabled by their parents. 

Parents of these kids fuel that fire by giving these brats whatever they DEMAND. These demon kids are consistent in their demands and in berating their parents. These kids are rude, disrespectful and thing that the world owes them. They drive big, expensive cars and wear all the latest fashions--their closets are overflowing with clothes that they wear one time and discard. They have the latest technology and, while in college, have parent supported apartments/houses that are fully furnished with new furniture/accessories also funded by said parents. These kids don't have a worry in the world. They also don't have a clue. They want for nothing. Except more. And more. It's never enough for these 

On top of being demanding they are ungrateful and they pit their idiot parents against one another. Why do I refer to the parents as idiots? Because they not only allow this behavior, they support it. Perhaps they are holding out hope that their spawn of Satan will change. Right. Keep hoping. But children learn and do what they are taught. And, if these parents haven't nipped it by now, it may very well never get nipped. 

I will say that these girls make for some entertainment. It's amusing and sad and disgusting all rolled up together. I wonder if filming an episode and showing it to them would make a difference? I bet the video would get tons of hits on YouTube. Or Facebook. Ha!

Oh and, to my sweet neighbor who said she heard they were part of a church group here in town so we should give them a chance, let me just say- I believe you might have been misinformed. 

Time to weigh in, y'all! Let's hear it---- 


10 comments:

  1. I agree with you that those five girls are spoiled and the parents are doing them no favors. I also agree that there are many of the same out there. It is very sad, because once mom and dad are gone (or wake up) they will be totally unprepared for the real world. What a shame for all of us. I doubt seeing themselves on film would make a difference. I also know there are probably more kids who are not spoiled brats - we just don't hear about them or see them because they don't make spectacles of themselves in public. At least, I hope they are the majority!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad. And I doubt the filming would help either. I only know, personally, one young woman who has always done that to her parents. Her mother in particular. So embarrassing.

      Delete
  2. Well..here is my 2 cents..given with a grain of salt, I see this everyday..if I ever spoke to my parents like that...even at my age of 47, I shudder that thought...anyways..I am so glad my 17 yr old son is not like that...immature in some things, yes, BUT NEVER EVER WOULD HE DISRESPECT US or ever think of using profanity to speak to us. I have to say though, the minority of "kids" do not act that way...only the "privledged". I'll leave it at that. (wink)--GREAT POST..Thanks for the laugh/giggles...I was just discussing something similar with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you about the 'privileged' kids. Those are the ones I have seen it associated with. I guess, for now, I'll just appreciate the blog fodder. LOL Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Nope. I have 3 sons who never, ever did that. They knew how hard we worked and saved so they work hard too and appreciate what they have. Their friends weren't like that either. However, we lived in the LA area for many years while my sons were in school. OH YES, I certainly saw that entitlement attitude there! But it was generally the girls who actually acted on it. And one of my sons attended a private college in the southeast - and he certainly acquired expensive taste. But we don't pay for his stuff, so that's all on him now. If one of my kids had demanded "stuff" or money, we would have laughed at him. Not happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My girls were laughing at that girl. They all said that they knew better than to ever DEMAND anything from me. Our oldest daughter attended a private college in the upstate of SC and she learned that she does not care much for 'privileged' kids nor those who act as such. I have to admit that I'm getting blog fodder from those girls across the street though. LOL

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yep. And I'm almost looking forward to what they have to offer for blog fodder this weekend. LOL

      Delete
  5. I have always credited my parents for teaching us that you have to work to support yourself and talk to people with respect. I taught this to my son and he didn't "get it" for a long time. When I smartened up and stop giving in to him and made him stand on his own two feet, that's when he learned. I believe in tough love if necessary so apparently your neighbors haven't been taught that lesson yet! Sad but it's the parent's own fault. No one else can be blamed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those girls across the street aren't ever going to hear it. They're obviously spoiled and rich. And I do blame the parents. If I ever get an opportunity to have a discussion with them, it's going to come up though. I can't hold my tongue on this one.

      Delete

Welcome, friends! Please spew forth some wisdom for me. I'm quite certain I need it!